Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reindeer, Can't Call Him Rudolf!!

Hi All,
I'm back into study mode and forgot what the time was.  I was just ready to close down the computer and remembered to do my post.  Don't worry, I have so many projects lined up to show you, I just need to write them all up, which is my problem, I like to do it on the day!!!  No, don't ask me why.  When Sonja came over, we said we would do some make-n-takes so she brought over a pattern for a box, which I have had on here before, really easy to make, I'll just have to try and find it.  But the reindeer I found on...... no I can't tell you that as it doesn't have any blog details on the bottom of the page.  Don't know how that happened, as that is just a given!  And I just found the pattern for the box (do you love how I am not even going to edit what I wrote, too tired!!!!) so I will write that down as well:
Oh, I need to warn you, our reindeer's are a little large!!
This is mine.  I will let you know the punches we used:
2 sml boho blossom   -  ear muffs
Lge oval  -  head
Lge and sml oval -  body
Scallop square  - body
2 pieces off the petal punch  -  tail
Word window punch  -  legs
2 Step bird punch  -  antlers
1/4"  circle punch  -  nose
crop-a-dial, sml hole  -  eyes
word window punch for his scarf
This is Sonja's and she wanted Rudolf and wanted to add lots of little extra's, hehe
Card  6" x 12"  score on 6"  at  1.5" and 4.5"
                         score on 12"  at  5" and 7"
This is one of those boxes where you make your own score line to fold up.  So basically crease score lines and then folding your middle part down take it up to the edge to create a fold   (is that as clear as mud, did anyone get that, oh I crack myself up!!)
Turn your paper over; line up the left side of your paper to 3.5", take a ruler and line it up with the diagonal line that runs diagonally from the top left corner to the bottom right corner of the mat (45').  Score along this line until you come to the crease line at the 5" score line.  Rotate card and do the same on all 4 sides.  Make sure the left edge of the card is aligned with the 3.5" line to ensure the correct angle.  Fold in crease lines, glue the sections down or leave (like we did) and put a ribbon through the top.  Then you can leave it flat if you are going on a trip and want to give a present to someone when you get there!!
I hope that one made a little more sense to you (it didn't to me, lol) but if not, just let me know and I will do a tutorial.  The process is the same with the little purses that are being made these days.
Now I have a picture of the two together:
And no, my little one didn't make one of these, don't know why not!!
Stamp set:  Retired
Card:  Real red, lucky limeade, whisper white, dsp - soft subtles and retired card
Ink:  Basic black
Acc:  Brad and ribbon
Tools:  All the punches named above.
Have a lovely evening......

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooo cute. Lol love this post...you really must be tired tonight!

    x

    ReplyDelete