Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's a Penguin ready for Christmas

Hello,
Well, I had another busy day today, almost feels like the holidays never happened!  And now, it is on to another Christmas project with Sonja too.  We also made a cute little penguin, that I have not names, though Sonja called hers Percy.  These are so adorable and I should be making heaps of them, it might be the bright colours!  My son also made one that I will also show you, he did his on a matchbox using the matchbox die.  I did help him quite a bit with this one!  I cased the penguin from Creations on Paper.
We used the top note die and cut it in half and I think we cut a piece of card 3" by the length of the top note and scored 1" from both sides.  We folded up the sides and adhered to the top note, trimming the little pieces of card stock that were sticking out.  We wanted to have a flat base to put some goodies in and also wanted it to be a decent size.  Sonja adhered hers where I have put a brad in the centre and it goes with his hat so doesn't look too bad.
Sonja's Percy, I like to show you, as we both do things a little different.  And now for my son's
He did most of it and even added wings on the side.
Both of ours together.
Face  -  1 3/8" circle
Eyes  -  1/2" circle in white and 1/4" circle in black
Hat  -  1/2" circle for pom pom
        -  1 3/8" circle cut in half for the main part
        -  word window punch for brim
Scarf  -  1 full and a half window punch
Flippers  -  Large Oval cut in half
diamond piece folded in half for beak (making triangle)
Stamp set:  Season's of joy
Card:  Lucky limeade, pacific point, basic black, whisper white, real red and retired card
Ink:  Pacific point
Acc:  Brad
Tools:  Big shot, top note die, punches above, paper piercer and mat.
thanks for stopping by.........

2 comments:

  1. These are darling!!! Love penguins and these little faces are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute too, espcially the top note guy x Debi x

    ReplyDelete