Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Polar Bear Box That Packs A Punch

Hi all,
I'm posting a little earlier today so I can then get stuck into some study.  I will stop telling you that one day soon!!!!  Sounds good though, doesn't it!!!  So today is another Christmas project, made with Sonja.  Don't forget we spent two days together over the two weeks, so there are quite a few things.  So we made a cute Mummy and baby polar bear on a box.  The box was cased from Creationsonpaper and the polar bear came from Creations by Pattie.  Two projects in one, hehehe.
So this is my box and the measurements for the box are:
Card 8 1/2" x 11"  scored at 3" on each side - fold all score lines and cut slits on the scored edge to the corner score.  Assemble and adhere box.
Top - Card 7 7/8" x 4 3/8"  scored at 1" all sides.  Fold on scored lines and cut slits on the scored edge to the corner score.  Assemble and adhere together.
Scallop edge,  2 strips of card cut 1 1/2" x 8 1/4"   scored at 5 7/8" each.  Punch the strips and adhere to the inside of the lid.
A nice easy box that will hold a decent amount.  My computer has started playing up for some reason so the writing could be all over the place, but hopefully it is only doing that for me!!  Now on to my son's box though I did help him with most of this, pretty much the whole thing!!  I must have missed taking a picture of Sonja's.  But on to the punch art....
Our pretty little bears!
Head  -  Ornamental punch
Snout  -  Large oval punch
Ears  -  1/2"  punch times 2
Body  -  Wide oval punch
Eyes  -  2 step owl punch 
Nose  -  1/8" circle punch
Small Bear
Head and Body  -  1" circle punch  (makes 2)
Snout  -  Small oval punch
Ears  -  3/8" circle punch
Eyes  -  2 step owl punch 
Nose  -  1/8" punch
and now on to what I used:
Card:  Marina mist, bashful blue, whisper white and basic black
Ink:  Pool party
Acc:  Dazzling diamonds
Tools:  Scallop edge punch and the above punches, crop-a-dial
Thanks for stopping by.......


2 comments:

  1. You ladies have been busy - love all the punch art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Theresa, I just love it so snowy and cute :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete