Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine Love Box

Good morning,
  Looks like nothing as bad as it could have been up north, in the cyclone, which is so good.  Had the television on all morning but I suppose when people can start coming out, it may look a little different.
  Today, I have this cute little box (excuse my quality of photo please) that I saw on The Queen's Scene in her tutorial section.  It is so cool but you will have to do a lot of  working it out yourself.


Don't you just love the hearts.  I also love the Always stamp set and use this heart a lot.
Stamp set:  Always
Card:  Pink pirouette, whisper white
Ink:  Old olive, pink pirouette, rose red
Acc:  Designer brads and pink pirouette ribbon
Tools:  Heart to heart punch
Like I said, check out Lynn's tutorial.  But I'll just add some quick instructions.
Need a piece of A4 card.  Your box base is 21/4" x 21/4" with 1/2" all around for the sides.  What I did was stamp and cut out a heart and pencil mark that on my card, then taking into consideration the middle of the box (make sense to you!!!).  I was just thinking it might be good to do a template of the base (and side, so 23/4" x 23/4", with the lines scored for 1/2" sides) and a template of the heart and then place it on your card, to work out the size and shape of your box.  I agree with Lynn, when she said having the hearts as part of the box, makes it stronger.  I would still pencil the shape, cut out and then rub out the pencil.  The hearts will be covered by the stamped image you put on anyway.  I did like the way it looked like matting on the box I did.  I will make another one but do the templates, so I can get the points of the hearts as well.
Then punch holes on both sides (top) of hearts to tie ribbon through, to bring top of box together.
Cut 8" x 3/4" card for the handle.  I used the heart to heart punch to add another little heart, under the brads to hold the handle to the box.  Lynn did that, and I loved that look, extra dimension.
I was going to add the tag to the box but it didn't really go, so I thought I would put a bag of chocolates in there with the tag wrapped around them!!
Hope you like and have a great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment