Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fancy Bunny Box

Good morning,
  I have another challenge today.  I have been just writing the names of the challenges, but it is so much more fun to see the colours, like below, so I thought I better put them back up
 
And today, I made a fancy box with the bunny face.  That's right, I'm into Easter already.  And I have noticed they have more Easter eggs in the shops since Valentines.  Maybe that is what they were all waiting for.  It's terrible, but I can never wait for them to hit the shelves.  Here is my little box:

Stamp set:  Inspired by nature (sorry, you may not be able to see, but I stamped the box in versa mark,
                   more for the underlying effect)
Card:  Cherry cobbler, tangerine tango, baja breeze, not quite navy, kraft and whisper white
Ink:  Tangerine tango (I inked the white ribbon, and tied it up pretty much after I did it, so great)
Acc:  Whisper white ribbon
Tools:  Big Shot, fancy favor box die, 1 3/8", 3/4", 1/2" circle punches, scallop oval and lge oval punch
            crop-a-dial
I also have one I made earlier (ohhhh, I love saying that).  I made it and wasn't happy putting it in the challenge so I changed the colours.  I cased the box from InkspiredTreasures.com.

Putting the box together is self explanatory but the punches for the bunny are:
1 3/8" circle  -  face
1" circle        -  cheeks so you need two
3/4" circle     -  inner layer of cheeks   (I actually don't have the 3/4" so I just cut down the 1")
1/2" circle     -  nose
1/4" circle     -  white of eyes
crop-a-dial    -  black of eyes
Scallop oval  -  ears
Lge oval        -  inner ears
I used the curly label punch for the handle (to tie it in with the box edge)
Scallop edge and paper piercer and mat for the not quite navy on the bottom of the box
Brads for the handle
Whiskers was just some scrap cut thinly
Big shot and fancy favor die and white gel pen for the eyes.
Very vintage roller and handle using tangerine tango ink
Think that is everything,
Have a lovely day...

No comments:

Post a Comment