Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthday Gift Card

Morning,
  Yesterday I spent some of the morning with 'The Sunshine Stampers', which is a group of Stampin! Up demonstrators.  We get together every month.  Unfortunately I had other things I had to do and could only stay for a couple of hours (to gossip).  The girls very generously gave me the make 'n takes to do at home so I promise to put those up as soon as I do them.  One was the never ending card, which I had been dying to do and now I will.  SO much to do, so little time.
  Today, though, I wanted to give you the instructions from the gift card holder I made on the 5th February, for a challenge.  Of course, I made another one, a lot plainer, but I need a couple of plain cards for boys.  So here we go:


Card (sleeve)  6" x 4"    scored at 23/4" and 51/2"
Card (insert)   4" x 25/8"
Cut and score card and then place tape on the 1/2" tab and fold together.  Put insert inside the sleeve and using crop-a-dial, punch a hole in the middle (I used the large hole)
Remove the card and turn upside down, with holes matching.  Push ribbon through holes, without cutting ribbon, push insert back down to the bottom of the sleeve.  Cut ribbon and tie a knot.  I like the double tie but one is enough.
There is your gift card, how easy was that!  Now I am going to buy a block of chocolate and make a holder for that.  I once saw one on a blog and thought it looked great, so as soon as I make one I will let you know.  I just have to keep the chocolate long enough to take a picture. 
I shouldn't admit this, but I brought a packet of chocolate eggs today, yes, I know it is too early.  But I thought I would use it for decoration with what I am making for Easter.  No, I can't, all gone!!!!!!!!!!
Stamp set:   Party hearty
Card:  Marina mist, chocolate chip, whisper white
Ink:  Chocolate chip, marina mist
Acc:  Twine, dimensional, ribbon
Hope you have a lovely day....

No comments:

Post a Comment