Friday, February 4, 2011

Heart to Heart Valentine Top Note Box

Morning,
  Hope everyone is well.  I have another cute box to show you that I copied off Patti (one of my all time favourite bloggers)

These are both done differently.  One I embossed and the other I have left plain.  I, personally, like it both ways.

Not a great photo, but just wanted to show you the inside and how cute the box is, sitting in there!!
Stamp set:
Card:  Pink pirouette, riding hood red
Ink:  Riding hood red
Acc:  Ribbon, twine and brads
Tools:  Full heart punch, word window punch, heart to heart, lge tag and sml tag punch and lastly crop-a-dial
So, some quick instructions:
1 piece of card (pink pirouette) 81/2" x 4", scored at 31/4". 41/4" and 51/4".
1 bottom of the matchbox die (big shot) - riding hood red
Fold the 81/2" x 4" in half, place on top note die (making sure the fold is inside the top note to get an extended top note to fold around your box)
Put aside and make your matchbox.  I love this die, how easy is it to make.  Once you have your bottom made, place sticky strip on the bottom of the box and then carefully put inside the top note.  Use the crop-a-dial to make holes at the top and thread your ribbon through.  Decorate as desired.  Patti has a step by step tutorial on her site.
At any time ( if the instructions are not easy to understand, let me know and) I will do a tutorial on any of my posts.
Have a lovely day...

No comments:

Post a Comment