Friday, February 18, 2011

Bunny's Carrot Box

Good morning everyone,
  I have a carrot for you today, one I have been keeping all year, and finally get to make.  And as I say with everything, it is so cute!!!  I cased this from Addicted to Stamping and she has a great tutorial on her blog (it is Jackie Topa and to me she is the guru of punch art)  I did take a few pictures and will put up some explanation for you as well.

Oh great, I didn't know if you would be able to see the score lines.  I did not use a pencil to make the lines as the paper cutter is so good (with a scorer on it of course).
Cut card (any colour orange is good)  4" x 11"   score at 5.5"
I did use a pencil to leave a little mark showing  1" in from each end on the score line.
Also mark  4.5" and 6.5" along both long sides.
And 2" on short sides. Use the picture above as a guide, this is why I took a picture in case you are more a visual person, like me!!!!




When you have punched your holes in the sides (and I find it easier to make the box and punch the holes, otherwise I end up with holes that don't match).  Use glue dots for tucking the corners in, rather than tape.  Cut a lge square scallop die with the big shot.
Now you need to score two lines either side of the middle.  I scored my first line 4 scallops down and to the diagonal and then 21/2 scallops down for the next one.  Doing the same on both sides
Punch a hole with the 1/2" circle at the bottom, as shown.

Push your folded green square in through the bottom of the box.  I did not tape mine down, as it seems to sit in there snugly.


Use some ribbon (white, orange or you could get away with brown) at the bottom, after putting in some Easter eggs, of course!!!



And my finished carrot, a slightly different finish to the one at the top.  These would be so good to use on the table for Easter day, so good in fact, that I am going to do just that..
Stamp set:  Teeny tiny sentiments
Card:  Pumpkin pie, certainly celery, wild wasabi (for one) and whisper white
Ink:  Pumpkin pie
Acc:  Ribbon and glue dots
Tools:  Big shot, square scallop die, scallop oval and the lge and sml oval punches
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment