Friday, December 31, 2010

2-4-6-8-box

  So this is my other version of the 2-4-6-8 box.  The one this morning did not come up as well as it looks (unfortunately), and it really is a sweet box.  I'm happier with this photo.  Unfortunately I have no recollection of where I got these instructions so I will give you a quick run down (any problems just let me know)

81/2 x 51/2 card, scored at 2",4"6",8" so you have the 1/2" left over for the flap.
                            score 2" on the 51/2" side and cut the bottom 2" x 1/2" flap off, so you are left with the top flap of  31/2" x 1/2".
Cut the score lines up to the 2" score.  Fold all score lines and decorate your box.  I think it is easier to decorate before you put it together.
Once you are happy, place tape on the 1/2" and adhere the flap on the opposite side.
Fold all the bottom pieces under adhering each time to keep the base of the box secure.
Pinch sides of the box together and using a crop-a-dial punch a couple of holes on the sides.  This will keep your ribbon in place.
Or you can use a square punch and punch in the middle of the four score lines (and 1/2 of the punch on the first panel of 2") before sticking together.
I just love using the crop-a-dial and use it whenever I can.
I hope you have fun with this great box.
Stamp set:  Upsy Daisy
Card:  Chocolate chip, dsp- play date
Ink:  Versa Mark
Acc:  Chocolate chip ribbon, white embossing powder
Tools:  Heat tool and crop-a-dial
Thanks and have a great afternoon..

No comments:

Post a Comment