Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Greatest Birthday Kit Yet

Hi to all,
I have been busy crafting but of course I need to blog surf in amongst that, just to keep the mojo happening.  On Stampin' Connection I saw this cute box that I fell in love with and Sabine was kind enough to pass on Miriam's blog to get the indepth tutorial.  You will love this box and I intend to make lots for all those friends who's birthdays I have missed.  And yes there have been quite a few lately.  I think this will well and truely redeem me!!!
Now I have to warn you that this box is full of mistakes and I am even going to point them out to you because they were silly ones that should not be made!!!!!! Ummmmmmm........
 Now how gorgeous is this box, it looks like a pizza box doesn't it but the inside will amaze you (well it did to me).  Pinwheels are all in at the moment and I haven't had a chance to make any so this was perfect for my birthday box
 My Second mistake, sorry I didn't put them in order.  I cut the 1" circle on the wrong side and lucky for me I don't think it will stand out too much.  But the nexty one will, hehehe, not that I will say it is a mistake, just helping to make it easier to get out the matches and candle, lol
 So on the template that Miriam gave I thought this was a cut line (even though I did think it was strange I still cut out the square out, silly, silly me but you know what, it works and all stays in very nicely)
Miriam's gifts all fitted neatly and she also had some great instructions which she will also be putting up on her blog (in english that is).  So I will be putting in the instructions as well and checking out what other size chocolates to use (now that will be the fun part, ummmmm)
You have to make this box (or don't if you're my friend, as you will be bound to get one from me) as it is just so easy and I think everyone will love it.
Stamp set:  Retired stamp set sorry
Card:  Old olive, dsp - sale-a-bration, whisper white and bashful blue
Ink:  Rose red
Acc:  in-colour twine
Tools: Scoring tool, modern label and word window punches
See you tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. I really love this box. I got onto Mirium's blog but I don't read German so I printed the die cut of the box but I don;t know how big the cardstock is to start. Is there an easier way for me to make this box. Can you help please?
    Regards
    Jenny Senior

    ReplyDelete