Friday, May 20, 2011

Buckle Card

Good morning,
  Still trying to wake up here, you know when you have a morning where you think perfect conditions for a sleep in.  But little patter of feet means it is not going to happen.  Yes, that happened to me so I thought I would do my post before I go and get ready for the day.  So two different buckle cards for you today.  I really love the buckle card, so easy and you can do so much with it:

I didn't take the photos quite straight but you get the general idea.  I was going for a vintage feel with this one
Stamp set:  Vintage vogue, very vintage roller
Card:  Always artichoke, cake crumb, chocolate chip and whisper white
Ink:  Chocolate chip, versa mark
Tools:  Lge roller, word window punch, paper piercer.
And now for the second card, completely different look again:


I have also done a close up of the buckle on this one just so you can see the brad and what I did with the ribbon.
Stamp set:  So happy for you
Card:  So saffron, wild wasabi, chocolate chip, dsp - greenhouse gala
Ink:  Chocolate chip
Tools:  Word window punch and paper piercer.
I'll just put up some quick instructions for you.
One piece of card  51/2" x 7"  scored 41/4"  this is your card base.
One piece of card 15/8" x 51/2"  scored 31/2" and round the corners on the longer piece.  If you accidentally round the wrong side, don't worry, it gets tucked under the matting piece inside the card.
One piece of card 4" x 51/4", this is the inside of your card.
Decorate the 23/4" piece of card, this is the card front.  Punch a hole with the word window punch for your buckle to go through.  I stuck my buckle to the inside piece of card and then adhered that to my card and worded out where my buckle opening would go.  I did a little pencil mark and punch the hole.  Push the word window punch in as far as it will go. Decorate the rest of the card.
Have a great day......

No comments:

Post a Comment