Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Buckle Box

Good morning,
  Now how is this for a cute box and cards.  Also perfect for Mother's Day.  I want to make a buckle card too so I will get that done in the next few days.  This box was cased from Flowerbug's Inkspot (on the side bar), another one of my favourite blogs.  She has great instructions on there as well.
See, wouldn't that be perfect as a Mother's Day gift, maybe add a box of chocolates.  Here are the cards I made to go with it.



  I used some  rub on's I got int he last catalogue. 


I hope you like this as much as I did, just wait until you make it, fun to make as well.
Card:  Chocolate chip, dsp - greenhouse gala, baja breeze, pacific point, riding hood red, cake crumb
Acc:  Designer buttons, retired rub-ons
Tools:  Word window punch, eyelet scallop border punch, corner rounder punch, big shot, scallop envelope
            die
Some quick directions:
card  5 1/2" x 8"  scored  51/2" side      1" each end
                           scored  8" side      3 1/4" from each end       cut the two middle tabs and fold up to make
                                                        box.
dsp  scallop envelope, cut the side flaps and some of the back so you can crease on the fold.  Place tape on scallop envelope and tape down.
card (same colour)  1 1/2" x 6"  for buckle
dsp                         1" x 6"  for top of buckle
Insert word window punch as far as possible, in the middle, and punch.  Make buckle strap by adhering dsp to card and using corner rounder or scissors to cut ends to look like buckle.
Decorate your box.  I loved the use of the button, liking buttons more and more.
Have a lovely day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment