Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Recipe Box

Morning everyone,
Yes I am posting in the morning, how unusual is that!  I have been busy cleaning around our house (chickens have made a real mess and now that they have their pen I will be able to keep everything clean!).  I have also managed to do a little cleaning inside the house and thought I would take some time out to post before I start to clean my office.  Then I have to get down and make a couple of Christmas presents for a couple of close cyber friends (love the friends I have made on the net, bit like pen pals, from the old days hehehe - Ang has me saying hehehe, if that is annoying you - it is all her fault!!)
Anyway on to my box, I cased it from Claudia Rosa but I need to change it a bit because there were a couple of parts that don't work for me....
The snowman actually holds the lid down.  I love this snowman, I have seen him done a lot as a kaleidoscope card.
Pool party card - 8 1/2" x 11"  scored at 2", 5 1/2" and 7 1/2"  (11" side)
                                                 scored at 1 1/2", 3 1/2" and 7"
fold on score lines and cut as per picture
Cut pieces off as per picture
Adhere box together. and cut dsp or I have used whisper white and dry embossed with the big shot and elegant lines.
One piece - 1 1/2" x 3 1/2"
two pieces - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
four pieces - 2" x 3 1/2"  adhering these pieces on the sides and lid
 I also sponged all the edges and made my little snowman which I will share with you later.
 This is showing you the box assembled and the pieces ready to go
All the pieces on and ready to for final decoration.
The snowman was too white on the box so I added the pool party card to show him off more
 Side view
This is the box completed.  As you can see it is not a big box but just the right size for a gift and some special recipes in there.

I made some whisper white cards and then bought some system cards and cut down, sponged and added ribbon to, so they were easy to pull out.  Sorry I forgot to pull them all out so you could see but I intend to write my favourite Christmas sweet, dessert and main for the person I am giving it to.  I thought this could be a good seasonal or birthday present too.
hope you like it.....
ps tomorrow I will show you the rest of the set...

3 comments:

  1. Great looking box .... are you going to make the sweets, etc so they can taste the recipes as well....hehehe (had to put that one in)..Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how CUTE!!!!!!
    love the snowman !!!!
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just terrific. The perfect gift.

    x

    ReplyDelete