Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Easter Chick Treat Bag

Good morning,
  I am so sorry I have missed a few days.  My intention, when I started the blog, was to post every day.  But I think I need to put one day aside to make lots of things ready to post during the week, as I can't keep up.  I have not studied in ages and ages, and I think it has taken a lot out of me.  So now that I have bored you with that bit of trivia, let me show you the cutest bag.  Of course I cased it (you will be surprised the day I actually come up with something myself - and that will be my motivation, to try)
  I just had a look at my pictures and I was going to do a tutorial for you.  So give me a minute and I'll organise myself.........
  Okay, I have myself organised now, so here we go:
  So here is our cute Chick Bag

  Sorry, forgot to tell you what you need:
  Dsp - 8 1/2" x 11"    scored at (8 1/2")  2 1/2" and 6"
                                  scored at (11")  4 1/2" and 6 1/2"
the rest is decoration but if you would like dimensions for these just let me know.
fold all score line as above.  There are four extra lines there that you need to make folds yourself.  On all four sides; fold the top line down to the score line.  You may need to practise this but once you have it, you will find it so much easier when making bags and boxes (like this).  I am going to be making quite a few more of these types of bags/boxes with instructions so start perfecting it now.
This is how it looks when you start to bring up the sides.  Tape down the edges, like where my fingers are and the same on other side and down the bottom.


  Just a couple of photos to show you what it will look like as you tape the top down.  I am going slowly this time for the visual people (me being one of them).

  See how cute it looks on the inside.  You can put so many different things in there.

  So this is what your bag will look like closed.  But now for the fun part of decorating.

  Like I said, if you would like me to get any of the measurements coming up, just let me know.  Before attaching the card stock of very vanilla I used the scallop edge punch  on one edge, and then decorated it before attaching to the back of my bag.

  I just used the two-step bird punch and the crop-a-dial (for his eyes.  And cut a little bit of peach parfait for his beak.

  I cut a strip of old olive and used my scissors to cut their grass.  I sponged the chicks and stamped my Happy Easter sentiment.  Then I added my favourite (and hard for me to use) flower brads.  I am so bad, I like to keep everything and not use it.  The good thing about Stampin' Up, is that it is teaching me to USE.


  So there you have it all finished.  I used the newspaper print as I really like it and thought it went well with Easter!  I cased this from the famous Angie Kennedy at Chic 'n Scratch.  She has always been one of my favourite blogs.
Stamp set:  Teeny tiny sentiments
Card:  Dsp - newspaper print, so saffron, old olive, basic black and peach parfait
Ink:  So saffron and basic black
Acc:  Flower brad and twine
Tools:  Two step bird punch, scallop edge punch, crop-a-dial and paper piercer.
Thanks for stopping by and if you have any queries please let me know.
Have a lovely day....

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Great picture tutorial ... I'm that visual person.

    ReplyDelete