Thursday, February 9, 2012

Origami Heart for Valentines

Hi all,
I have lost the Mojo.  I want to craft tonight but can't find the motivation for it (actually that has been happening all week!!!!!!!!!!!)  Where does it go????  Tonight I am showing you what I made at our Monday fun day, and lucky for me none of my son's teachers look at my blog because this is also their Valentine presents.  I will be making a couple more and I realised today that I probably needed to add a little more decoration to the gift (you will see what I mean soon!).  I read a comment the other day about how gorgeous Becky Roberts packaging is and that is definately an area I lack and will have to work on a little more.  But for now........
 This is an origami heart that I absolutely love.  I took the pink one on Monday to show the girls and it was fun explaining all the twists and turns but Georgie came up with just putting a brad through the heart and ribbon (that is doubled over).  I like that much better.  The link is at the end of the post for the heart.  I have never referred a you tube before so if it doesn't come up for you, just let me know.
For this one I have used the sewing machine and stitched them together leaving a gap and enough room at the top to loop over and knot so that it can be hung on a wall.  They look so cute.  The ones in the packet also have some beading attached so that it adds a bit of weight.  See what I mean about the packaging.  I was very happy with my efforts but now I know I need to add more.
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely evening/day........
Sorry my link is not working so I am trying to put it here

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love these! But your link on how to make the hearts doesn't work :( Thanks for sharing anyway.

    ReplyDelete