Friday, June 10, 2011

Gift Card/Photo Album

Good evening,
  Another cold one and my heaters have all been going.  I try to only put them on when I have to but it is far too cold for me.  Tonight I have this gorgeous wallet type gift card holder that I am also saying is an album.  I was thinking of putting in some photos and writing and then a gift card at the end.  This would also make a cool Father's Day present.  I was just going through my stash of notes tonight trying to decide what to make for Father's Day, it is really not that far at all, only a couple of months so I'll start to post some different projects.



Believe it or not, all the photos are rich razzelberry, the first one looks more red but that is the light I took it in.  I cased this from Paper, Fashions, etc. and really loved the look of it.  Go there and check out the tutorial but here are some quick instructions.
7 pces   31/2" x 4"  Card
1 pce     4" x 55/8"    Card   scored  31/2" and 35/8"
This makes four sections as above, you are decorating one square and then attaching ribbon behind it and attaching a black pce of card, unless you want to decorate it of course.
With you 4 x 55/8 pce you will need to find the centre of the shorter pce and mark 2" in and then cut on diagonal (just the small section) to make the cover for your front.
Decorate the piece you have just cut and add a magnetic closure

Just showing this picture again so you can see. 
Now decorate the next three pces.  And cutting a 16" pce of ribbon, adhere it to the back of one decorate card and then attach a blank pce of card over the top.  Do this with the second pce leaving 1/8" space between card.  Place your other magnetic closure under the ribbon so it will not be seen and then add your card.  I folded mine up to try and make sure I have the magnet in the right place, that is why you need the space as well, so you can fold up the card.  Don't put too much decoration otherwise you will have trouble closing the book.  Decorate the front with more ribbon and you are finished.
Stamp set:  Occassional quotes
Card:  Rich razzelberry, basic black, dsp - newspaper print
Ink:  Basic black
Acc:  magnetic closures, ribbon
Tools:  Big shot, butterfly embosslit and photo corner punch
Have a lovely night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment