Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween Slider Box, Bookmarks and Chocolate

Hi all,
So tonight I promised Halloween.  Gee I love this time of year, so much fun.  And here is what I have been making, well one of the things I have been making!!....
 I have been wanting to make these boxes for ever and it is a slider box, I have made them in three different sizes which I will be showing you over the next few days.  Even though I made the box a few days ago, it was only yesterday that I decorated and made the cute bookmarks.  I thought I could give this as a gift to a friend or keep it myself and when the kids come around trick or treating, I could give them a bookmark.  Just imagine how popular I will be, hehehe
 Obviously the chocolate will have to be for me, lol.  How well do this bookmarks sit in here.  I made them 11/2" by 51/4".
I had to put a green Frankenstein on the front of the box even though the photo at the top doesn't have it, just thought it needed another touch.
Stamp set:  Googly ghouls
Card:  Basic black, very vanilla and dsp - retired
Ink:  Basic black and cherry cobbler
Tools:  Big shot, labels collection framelits, modern label and word window punch.
Now I am sure you are going to want some quick instructions on making the box so here it is:
Bottom:
Card 8 1/8" x 9 5/8"  scored at 1 1/4" down each long side and round all four corners.
                                  scored at 3 1/4" and 4 1/2"
Cut to where the score lines meet and adhere tape to make box
Lid:
8 1/4" x 10 1/4"  scored at 1 1/4" down each long side
                            scored at 3 1/2" and 5 1/4"
Cut to where the score lines meet and adhere tape and make lid
Decorate as desired.
Any problems or if you would like a tutorial please just let me know.
thanks for stopping by........

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe - thought that chocolate block may have just been the empty cardboard....LOL....great idea for a teachers present with all those bookmarks. xx

    ReplyDelete